how much does current matter?

Original poster: ben eells <squeels2171@xxxxxxxxx>

In my attempt to build a more powerful tesla coil I have come across this question. How much will the output current of your NST affect the length of your streamers. I'm using the program Tesla map to help design this coil and it calculates the max streamer length by the output wattage of the NST. Unless I'm mistaken output wattage can never be higher than input wattage. If this program is correct, and I'm sure it's not, I wouldn't need a transformer at all. So what is a better way to determine max streamer length given the output voltage and current of a NST?