Re: Non Conductive Fasteners?

No, we don't use PVC --- too weak.  We use fiberglass --- much stronger.

Dr. Resonance

Hi Jim,
As Dr. R mentioned, McMaster also has type 1 PVC threaded rod and fasteners. I use 3/4" hardware with the same type 1 1/2" rod for my coil supports. The PVC is also good if things need to be permanent. Add a dab of PVC solvent and screw down tight. It will never come apart again.
David E Weiss

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a source for fasteners made of perhaps fiberglass or other rigid, non conductive material. Nylon seems sort of flimsy for heavy HV conductive blocks, etc. that need isolation and strength of attachment. Yet nylon is all I can find locally and with some goggling.

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora