Re: Jacob's Ladders, (was: "Power factor correction")

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Jun 23, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Tesla list wrote:

BTW, I've never experienced any of the "voltage spike" problems
caused by the arc "snapping" at the bottom of the rails when it
starts its "climb" that you mention, although I'm sure that under the
right or wrong circumstances, actually, this could be a problem.
I wouldn't agree that it could be more of a problem than
with a large Tesla coil that draws similar power levels, though.

Wouldn't the inductance of the transformer itself act to significantly
reduce the rise time of any transients appearing on the line side of
the pig?  I'm sure there must be _some_ transients, but has anyone
actually measured them?

 - Bill "Gomez" Lemieux