Re: Pole pigss with delivery!!

At 07:04 AM 6/25/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

With the price of copper going up (went to Lowe's and can't believe the 10/2 wire is $30 for 25 feet) that's a heck of a deal (scrap copper in it could probably get $100). I'm afraid to even check the 2 awg square magnet wire prices for my next 120A ballast, might just use less wire and more core, tho I don't really wanna go bigger than 5x5x20 (heavy to the point of being heavier than the transformer if so).

Or, maybe this is an incentive to spend some time developing a PWM switching ballast. Compared to the various SSTC design issues, it should be a cakewalk to develop a "synthetic inductive/resistive ballast"