RE: Volstat Variac...

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is perfect for a NST Tesla Coil power supply. When you make a coil
you don't want to hit it with full voltage the first try. Build your
spark gap and ramp up the voltage to test it, build the safety gap and
do the same. When your coil is complete you can start out slowly. This
is about the same as the one on my NST coil. I also built one into a DC
power supply so I can ramp it from 0 to 5000VDC depending to the voltage
requirement of the tube I am powering at the time.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

Subject: Volstat Variac...

Original poster: "richard jackson" <aiiadict@xxxxxxxxx>

is this useable for a Tesla Coil setup?

It is 0 to 150 volts output, 50/60 hz input (duh)
and 6.5 amps, 10amps max, Power 1000VA

What else can you use these things for?  I know
it will allow you to vary the AC voltage, but for what
application?

Rich