Re: ScanTesla7.62 :-))

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Gerry.

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> An additional question is why is the 100K (Terry's 220K) in series
> with the added streamer capacitance and not in parallel??  It seems
> like two affects are happening.  One is a frequency reduction and
> the other is a Q spoiling effect.  Attaching an added capacitor to
> ground will effect the frequency reduction and adding a resistance
> to ground will spoil the Q.

it`s called something like "equivalence conversion", i don`t remember
now. let`s assume you have a series circuit:

o--- r ---o--- x ---o

z1=r+jx
|z1|=sqrt(r^2+x^2)
Q1=x/r

then you want to transform this circuit into the parallel one:

    --- R ---
o---|       |---o
    --- X ---

z2=RjX/(R+jX)
|z2|=RX/sqrt(R^2+X^2)
Q2=R/X

so all you need (at single frequency only) is:

|z1|=|z2|
Q1=Q2

then:

R=r(1+Q^2)
X=R/Q

something like that, i`ve forgot anything already.
and this two ckts is just the same from circuit theory point of view.
don`t know if it has something to do with a real discharge dynamics -
probably not much at best.

you can read in details how and why our bleeding edge scientist
arrived at this in here:

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/1998/October/msg00290.html

"Still more to study here but the implications of such research may
impact our future coil designs greatly."

have you seen any impact in the last 7 years? : )
i wonder at what values of R and C he`ll arrive, if i give to him
plot of I(t) in discharge of our big marx guy : D

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D