Re: Holy Crap!

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

Terry, All,
What about the old ceramic wire feed-through's used in really old knob-and-tube wiring? I believe I've seen some that weren't glazed and just plain ceramic.. It may not be prous enough, but it's worth a try..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
- Ben McMillen

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Vardan

Hi Jim,

So they might mean an actual "porous clay" thing
that, when all wet, allows current to pass
through but would still be physically like a
little "pressure canon". That might be very
similar to the situation where a lightning strike
hits the ground and drills a hole Earthwards.

I don't have anything like a clay tube. So a
power drill with a small bit :-))) I can't think
of any common items from the hardware store that
could be "utilized" right off... Most modern
clay electrical ceramics are very water proof...

The time function given is about right but I
wonder if the current is very high at first and
decreases dramatically during the event. They
might have just done a simple average RC time
thing to get the odd very low 60 amp number... I
bet it is more of a high initial pulse current to
get the explosion of plasma going and just all inertia driven after that.

Cheers,

Terry