Re: ScanTesla7.62 :-))

Hi Antonio,

You are right about V3 needing to be changed with C3. I noted a energy leak "somewhere", but did not know where ;-)) - An easily fixed bug. I did do it for ground strikes though (probably after it obviously messed up ;-)). Here is what I do for the streamer model:

=======================
LeaderLength = 27.19734 * sqrt(0.5 * VCsec_max * VCsec_max * (C2 + C3)); //Secondary energy length.

        if (LeaderLength > StrikeDistance) LeaderLength = StrikeDistance;

if (T1 != T1_start && C3_inc1 < 0.0) //Do this if active streamer modeling is enabled and the model has run once.
                {

C3 = (LeaderLength - TerminalDiameter) / 6 * 1.0e-12; //Streamer capacitive load.

                if (C3 < 0.0) C3 = 0.0;

The LeaderLength is calculated from the maximum recorded secondary voltage using a Freau style equation and a constant I just "made up" based on observed coils. VCsec_max never goes down and hopefully it's maximum value does indeed represent the LeaderLength. C3 is simply (LeaderLength - Terminal Diameter) / 6 picoFarads. Sort of to match this:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/scantesla/StreamerCapacitance.pdf

It is very simple really. I am sure there are far better ones. I needed to make "something" for the model at this point, and this is what I came up with. It works OK for now and does take far more into account than a fixed 1pF/foot + 220k model.

I never really mentioned much about the above before.

Most posts these last few days have been about the ball lightning thing and fairly quiet otherwise. I assume everyone was up last night drilling porous ceramics like I was :o))

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/plasma-ball/Electrode-Big-Hole.JPG

Cheers,

        Terry