Re: Hybrid SG/SISG idea? "IGBT-Assist Spark Gap"?

Hi,

I have designed many power "bricks" ;-)) The "package" adds like a few bucks to the cost... Since it is all public domain, maybe some big time company might make them for "us" if they can find a commercial customer to ride the volumes :-)))

But this is really a IGBT voltage vs. cost thing... Rell.com has the magic IGBTs for like $7 in a minimum order!!! Delivery is in a few weeks... That is a darn tough deal to beat!!!! And they got 7000 of them... Only "i" buy them for $18 :-p But I think that was a good move ;D

Don't be too afraid of lots of parts when they cost 20 cents each ;-)) Takes awhile to solder them, but it is real redundant. If they never blow up... That is the key!!

Cheers,

        Terry