Re: LTR caps?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

With a pole xmfr it will depend on the amount of current you limit the primary side current to.

With 30 amps at 220 a .06 uF cap works good using an 18 inch sec sec coilform with h/d ratio of 4.5:1 and 1,000 turns on sec. 7 ft sparks.

At 60 Amps use a 0.12 uF pri cap size again with the 18 inch dia. sec coilform. 13 ft sparks.

It's a linear relationship between 30 and 60 amps so you can just draw up a simple graph and plot it for 40 or 50 amps.

Sec toroid size approx 34 x 8 inch.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "R. Amaya" <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi everybody,
How do I figure out the LTR cap value I need cause I will be building an LTR cap for a 14,400v 10kva power supply.
Have a nice day,

Robert A.

_