Re: Cyclone fence for ground

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Yes It is galvanised chainlink. I figured it was probably not a good
> idea, but thought  I'ld ask. I also thought about what someone on the
> list mentioned a few months back, about using a chickenwire grid under
> the coil. He claimed it was as effective as several 8 foot ground
> rods, even with a very big coil.
   BURIED a cahin link fence might not be bad.
   Upright, iffy.

   My impression is that the usual 'chicken wire' ground is to
   be used nuried.

   The math/physics works out that a thin ground, of large
   area is better than a few deep ones.

   It is intriguing to note that a lighting protection text,
   writ ca 1900, reccomended:
      ....wire mesh, such as is used for chicken cages...

  (I'm away from my books or would provide exact cite....)

  best
    dwp