RE: tesla-d Digest V2006 #53

Original poster: "Hooper, Christopher AZ" <christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

Bill,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been looking at your KVA site for
years wondering what engineering feat it must take to build big coils,
presenting and scheduling functions. Wow !

I can barely build one coil per year due to school and work, so this
allows me to just sit out in the shop and look at the coil for days
trying to design each section methodically. Work does not allow me to be
very creative so I guess coils have saved my life, that is, allows me to
go home and enjoy working with my hands.

First light last night on the 10kwatt DRSSTC, only three foot sparks as
running low power to get the coupling, primary taps and debug hot spots.
Coil ran well at low power, have a few areas to improve and then full
power. I am in the midst of putting a website togeather for FATBOY1 @
http://users.cableaz.com/~chooper/fatboy1.htm.

A few more weeks of debugging and then off to build the 48kwatt DRSSTC,
as have the 200 amp 220 volt feed ready to go. I have some great ideas
for the IGBT driver cards as want to be liquid cooled system and
removable driver cards (two IGBT's per board) like slice cards in a
network cage.... I am very excited about a 48kwatt DRSSTC indeed as a
lot of people say it can not be done, that will make me work harder, he
he.

Rgs,
Christopher
Product Development & Quality Engineer