From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri Jan 27 10:12:25 2006
Subject: Re: 48KWATT DRSSTC Warmup

Original poster: Mr Gregory Peters <s371034@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I can also second this. Myself and Peter Reid both run power levels
over 10kW with identical mmc caps for minutes at a time, with no
failures or even heating. These caps consist of 144 CDE geek group
0.15uF 2kV caps in series/parallel for a total of 0.15 uF at 24kV. I
run about 13kV in with a pole pig, and he runs an 8-stack mot supply
with potentially 19kV or so.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,