RE: Ballasting a Pole Pig (Revisited)

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

True, that's 50 Amps at max current.  At a lower
setting you should still be able to get an arc with
less current, correct?  If the pig we ballasted down
to 15A it would still be 3KVA.  I would expect that
you could run a 10KVA pig at 1/3 power and still get
an arc at the HV terminals, couldn't you?

Curt.

msnip...