Re: HV xray cable revisited

I had never even heard of the Blumlein Effect until I
read about it on this list. I think the good Dr. Reso-
nance was the one originally posted info about it to
this list (or at least that's the first message that I recall
reading about it)."

Take a look at the discussion of pulse modulators in Lebaqz's "Pulse Generators", volumn 5 of the RADIATION LAB SERIES. Alan Blumlein was a brilliant English engineer who went from pre-WW2 work on television to wartime work on radar. He was killed during the war in the crash of a bomber carrying experimental radar gear. I often see references to "Blume Lines" and things like that, but they are in error.

Ed