From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: Bleeder Resistors
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:17:41 -0700

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall" <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just my $.02...

It should always be a question of risk vs gain, not just risk assesment. In
this case, the bleeder resistors don't waste significant power, prevent
making big sparks and the cost is very low. The benefits are increased
safety. Makes the calculation simple for me: there are no negatives and a
large positive. So, I beleive in bleeder resistors.

Jonathan