Secondary form idea?

Original poster: Chris Estes <estescc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Trying to find a sturdy form for my secondary in the hardware store I
came across this stuff. Its that tubular foam pipe insulation one uses
to keep pipes from freezing. The box says it's made of polyethylene,
its O.D. is about 2" and I.D. is 1". It's kind of spongy but I don't
think it could absorb much water and seems fairly clean. I think if I
put several coats of polyurethane on it, wind it, and then coat some
more it'll make a good secondary. Anyone have any notes to give on
something like this?