Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Terry,

Sunday, February 26, 2006, 1:43:06 AM, you wrote:

> Original poster: Vardan <vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>my motor is sync now starting from 180v, and at 220v it draws 0.31a -
>>still not 0.35a - i don`t know why, maybe something is really wrong
>>here % )

> If it works don't worry about it ;-)  Perhaps in the case of my 1800
> RPM motors (four flats on rotor) there is more metal taken off that
> raised the current more.  As John says, one might not have to take
> off all that much metal to make it since too.  I ground mine way down
> like the old instructions said.

John has been talking about 0.333 of rotor diameter in case of 3000rpm, but
i cut 0.4 already and plan to go even further - just want to see what
would happen next : D

>>i have a couple of questions regarding motor torque - how much is the
>>braking torque when you just plug motor in and it is trying to start
>>rotate rsg wheel? is it equal to the moment of inertia of wheel?
>>when a wheel is achieved the full sync speed, is braking torque drops
>>to zero? then we really don`t need those horse powers.

> I "think" it is the torque where the motor starts to dramatically
> loose speed.  As the load on the motor is increased, it starts to
> slip more and more, but there is a sudden point where the speed drops
> off.  Basically the maximum torque the motor can put out before the
> speed falls way off.

you are talkin about loading on motor at full speed, but i`ve asked about
the moment when motor is trying to start, coz i "think" that there is
_zero_ load at full speed - am i wrong?

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D