Re: How To Measure NST Coupling

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Barton,

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi All,
> Anyone know a simple method of measuring the coupling of an NST?
> I tried throwing 120 Vac to the sec measuring input current

i don`t like any method that is based on current msms, coz i`m just too
lazy to take into account windings resistances, so i use my own one:

1. apply full rated voltage to primary, compute - x1=Usec/Upri
2. apply full rated voltage to secondary, compute - x2=Upri/Usec
3. compute copling at full rated voltage - k=sqrt(x1*x2)

p.s.
transformation ratio - Ktr=x1/k

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D