Re: air ionization w/laser

Original poster: "David Mathes" <dmathes@xxxxxxxx>

Lasers alone probably represent the most inefficient way to perform
ionization

High efficiency ioniziation can be achieved by a change in the geometry of
the materials, high voltage DC field, high k dielectric, and the use of UV
lasers tuned for a specific wavelength.

In addition to the proven Nitrogen lasers, there are wavelengths that act
as a catalyst to the photoelectric effect in the UV region.  UV lasers can
provide it at lower power that a Nitrogen laser.

UV Laser diodes run about $5k to $10k right now.

David