Re: "Warming Up"

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Curt,

I have seen the same thing with some of my older coils. The gap is heating up and closing to the best distance as the metal expands. Also check to see if the electrodes are dirty. Sometimes oxidation can do that until it is burnt away.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I've noticed that my 60mA NST powered coil gets a
significantly longer spark after running 15-20
seconds.  After it "Warms Up" it starts at full power,
but if it's been sitting for a day it begins at less
than a third of the spark length.

I assume it's out of tune when it's "Cold", do you
think this phenominom coukd be related to the
capacitors?  I seem to recall hearing once that
capacitors could change capacity significantly with
temperature...

Curt.