Re: Disassembling transformers

Hi Dmitry,

Yes, it won't be 450 watts. I would guess higher than 50 as that would indicate a power factor of .1. I would expect it to be something between .3 and .5, so in the neighborhood of 135 to 225 watts based on nameplate data. Given that actual Rs and Rp values are unknown, reality might be somewhere between 100 and 200 watts. Anyway, certainly not 450.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo guys,

do you really think that there would be 450 watts of heat? : )))
i think that there would be about 450 va-mps, about 400 var-s, and
maybe only 50 watts of pure heat : D

> Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

> I think he meant that it would loosen the frozen tar
> closest to the windings. A 15/30 is roughly 450 watts.
> Though I've never tried that method, it should be
> enough heat to soften the tar closest to the windings.

> Adam

> --- Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
>  >
>  > Since it's current-limited, running an NST with the
>  > secondary shorted
>  > won't draw any more power than its faceplate rating.
>  >  So I don't know
>  > how that could result in melting of the tar.

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D