cheapish depotted nst's

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I found (4) 6500/20 core and coil nst's on ebay (little 5lb-ers, think they were about 20$ each irrc, which isn't bad for brand new). No potting to mess with and the shunts can be knocked out with a screwdriver without breaking the welds. I just knocked out 1 side of each. Now I get 30 ma each (measured by inputting 12 vac on the primary and mulitplying x10 on a chinese special dmm). Was expecting 40 ma with half the shunts gone, but will prob get that in a TC. Haven't been tested in a TC circuit yet, but now I can have it 6.5/120, 13/60 or 26/30 with them set up like a 4-pack mot in oil (each is not mid-point grounded, just 1 end).

Mike