Building SSTC from Carl Willis old design

I am building the SSTC from Carl Willis' design on <http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/cwillis/fetcoil2.html>http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/cwillis/fetcoil2.html . I had 3 questions before I assemble it. 1) is there an updated SSTC that is better and just as easy to build and understand. 2) How many amps is the 15VDC transformer that I need to buy. I attached a image of the circuit I am building.