Re: question for coin shrinkers

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I have a 10kJ shrinker using two 10 kV 100 mF
Maxwells. I have 3" x 1/4" silverplated copper bus
bars from the caps up to the switch. I have a switch
to remove the PSU from the charging circuit before
closing the big switch. To enter the containment box,
I cut the bus bar in half for 1-1/2" x 1/4", then used
grey pvc pipe, which I softened with a heat gun, and
slid over the bus. I don't recall the size, but it was
probably 1". If I recall, I have 4" of pvc; two inches
either side of the box wall. I cut the hole in my box
very tightly around the pvc, but have seen no evidence
of tracking or flashover. It's cheap, easily
rapairable and works well. My containment box is
floating, (not grounded) so it doesn't really have to
stand off the 10 or 20 kV for each bus; only half
that. I charge through my work coil, so there's no
real voltage differential until i discharge my caps.

Adam