Re: Please Help! Trying to tune the primary coil (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 08:46:26 +0800
From: westland <westland@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Please Help!  Trying to tune the primary coil (fwd)

Hi Jim:

I'm basically trying to figure out where in the tank circuit to clip the
red and black clips on my signal generator and my o-scope

I was certain that this must have appeared in the archives  ...
somewhere ... but whereas there is an enormous amount written on tuning
the primary,  I can only find one comment by Finn Hammer concerning
where the o-scope and signal generator should be hooked up ... I've also
seen generic diagrams for measuring frequency of tank circuits.  It's
just that every interpretation I've given to the implied clip points so
far has given my silly results in searching for resonance ... finding
the resonance point was so easy with the secondary, and it matched right
up with MapTesla's resonance figure (187KHz for MapTesla; 205KH actual).

I'm sure that this is so straightforward that I'm missing the obvious .
... whatever the case, I am missing the obvious

Chris Westland

--

J. Christopher Westland, PhD CPA
Professor, ISMT, University of Science & Technology, HK Clearwater Bay,Kowloon, Hong Kong