Off Shore MMC capacitor specimens (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:11:44 -0800
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Off Shore MMC capacitor specimens

Hello All,

I have received two different capacitors from off shore. They are both .15uf
and are meant to play the CD snubber role. I like the first specimen a bit
more. I am looking for a volunteer to do testing and forensics on these. The
person should be well familiar with the CD caps and have test equipment to
objectively test them to the point of failure. Then cut them open to see
what gave out and construction techniques. I have specs for both types.

It would be nice to have a suitable low cost alternative for the CD's
perhaps for less than mission critical construction projects. They both seem
very well made with similar dimensions and mongo leads. The first batch is
oval which would allow greater PCB density.

Thanks Much,

Jim Mora