Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:25:20 -0700
From: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

Yeah...

Dean has been doing it for 33 years now without "a" fatality....  He is
very expert and was trained by the very expert...  If he messes up, he will
be dead real fast!!!!  No shark suit there!!!!

Chris Angel is a pro illusionist that "lives" by doing "seemingly"
dangerous things.  He is not the "master" of most, so he has to be sure he
"lives though it" anyway...  In the AE "show", his biggest danger was
scoring a chaff on his hind end by the steel mesh ;-))

Of course, professionals using actors must protect them against "anything"
like Jeff does.

http://www.teslacoil.com/html/frame_page.htm

But be aware that there "are" D*** fools out there that do this crap for
REAL!!!

"Don't" follow them!!!

Henry Transtrom was also a very great master if not THE best of his
day...  But he ended up on the "dead list" :-(((

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Deaths.txt

I laugh at the illusionists.  But they do cool "tricks":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZLpG9N2ILA

But Ortner and people like Danielle Stampe are in a league of their own...

http://tb3.com/tesla/tv/me/index.html

http://tb3.com/tesla/tv/me/GF16.jpg

http://tb3.com/tesla/tv/me/WWT_ME_HQ.mpg

"Whacky scientist"  "Who" is she talking about :0))))

In my book, Bob has the "best" single picture:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Bob_Krampf.jpg

He had 25 years of "practice" before making it ;-)))

Just like jumping a cycle over the Snake River, leave these tricks to the
"true idiots" ;-))

Recent measurements of the arc current suggest that these things are an
order (or two) of magnitude more dangerous than suspected before...

I look to these people as "guinea pigs" of high voltage human effects over
time...  Hard since they were all a "little odd" before they started ;-)))

Cheers,

         Terry