Re: 15kva 14.4 kV Transformer.. (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:46:17 -0800
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 15kva 14.4 kV Transformer.. (fwd)

Hi Terry,

No, it's pretty easy. A PLC might be a perfect choice for a long running
test bed. I use a PLC for my deadman switch, VFD status for the
sparkgap, etc.. The PLC will react to inputs you state in the logic
program. The programming is super simple and you can control disconnects
or whatever in the event of any situation. Software is free.

If your interested in a small 3" x 2" computer (PLC), just contact me
off list. No charge. It's good for at least 5 years of running. It runs
on 24 VDC and even has PWM output capability on 2 outputs (including PID
control). The software is free and like I said, super simple to program.

PLC's can do almost anything. Much depends on the programmer, the task,
and the number of I/O's. The PLC I have for you if wanted is perfect for
a test bed controller. You can program a contactor disengagement for any
situation you deem as "time to shut down". It has 24 inputs and 16
outputs (more than enough for most projects). Just let me know if your
interested.

Take care,
Bart