Re: Some interesting photos regarding Tesla from the Edison archive... (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:33:09 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Some interesting photos regarding Tesla from the Edison archive...
    (fwd)

Dan and Ed,

I will try to decipher the full letters and post them in typed form to my
site as well as digital...

As for Tesla-Thomson, I am referring to commercial Tesla Coils in terms of
manufacturing "for sale", not the actual priorities of the invention itself.
  Thomson had hundreds (698?) of patents too, and unfortunately I haven't
seen a list like we often see of Tesla's patents.  I've seen them in
searching over the years, but did not choose to save them.

I do recall though that the patent for this X-Ray system was for the
air-blast spark gap, the complete Tesla Coil circuit being used as a
functioning example of using such...this was how many hundreds of Tesla
Coils were patented over the years...the little details in the particulars
that made them "unique".

The history of Tesla coils is really complicated.  We're trying to sort it
out, and any input is more than welcome.

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
cash from MSN today!
http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us