Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:23:24 -0700
From: Gary Peterson <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Steffen Finger <s.finger@xxxxxxx>, Steffen Finger <S.Finger@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Bart asked:
> . . . what is wrong with the current laws of
> physics and what is new?

Consider this proposition:
There are differences between the wave equation according to Laplace and the
wave equation according to Maxwell which result in an inconsistency.  In the
Laplace equation Maxwell's damping term is missing while the divergence E
factor does appear.  From the comparison of coefficients of both wave
descriptions, mathematically, Maxwell's damping term can be seen to
correspond to Laplace's divergence E factor.

In the physical example of a radio antenna, induced eddy currents in the
conductor are known to be associated with broad-band RF noise.  As long as
the wave equation according to Laplace is used while adhering to Maxwell's
theory at the same time, this can be easily explained.  The problem arises
in the way that Maxwell's equations alone handle the E-field in the
dielectric or air directly adjacent to the circulating eddy currents.  While
the motion of the eddy currents is described as being rotational, the
associated E-field is not described by Maxwell as being rotational.  A
contradiction arises because the antenna noise exists in the region adjacent
to the conductor, but if the Maxwell description is applied, then the
antenna noise cannot exist.  This contradicts actual experience, since
measurements show that all antennas do produce some noise.

Maxwell's equations dictate that as the reason for wave damping only E-field
vortices should be considered, but the equations just describe the eddy
currents that occur in the electrically conducting parts of the antenna.

In regards to divergence phenomena in dielectrics:
1. Noise is factored out of the Maxwell-derived field theory.
2. The noise part in the wave equation has to be put to zero (div E = 0).
3. The wave descriptions according to Maxwell and according to Laplace are
inconsistent and contradictory
4. The dielectric losses of an antenna cannot be found physically nor
calculated with the Maxwell-derived wave equation.
5. Also the dielectric losses of a capacitor are not identified as eddy
current losses.  (The present interpretation is that these losses are the
result of defects in the insulating material).
6. That capacitor losses correspond to a generated noise power is not
identified.
7. The dielectric constant  E (epsilon) has to be written down in a complex
form to explain the occurring losses, resulting in an inner contradiction
that is hidden in a complex constant.

Respectfully submitted,
Gary Peterson,
after Konstantin Meyl, et al