Re: PIRANHA-III Power control? (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:13:01 -0500
From: BRIAN FOLEY <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PIRANHA-III Power control? (fwd)

Hi, i think they must have "x'ed" out the values. made them unreadable as to
values. triac's are ok but limited in power. the dual scr leaves the option
open to use brick sized scrs pairs mounted on a good heat sink should be
able to drive most anything. i probably have 50 lbs of scr bricks i have
saved from VFD's and scr motor controls. then a whole stack of scrs of
conventional shape. i suspect most of us have a few scr bricks hiding in the
drawer. cul brian f.