Re: PIRANHA-III Power control? (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:35:06 -0700
From: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PIRANHA-III  Power control? (fwd)

Hi,

The Router Controller is just a plain dumb dimmer circuit with heavy duty
parts.  I little report is here:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-3/RouterSpeedControl.pdf

The internal circuit is a standard simple Triac dimmer type circuit with
minimal parts.

I t appears they are "all the same" since the external layout of various
version is identical.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G3555
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/pages/speedcon.html
http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=828122
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id=10760&cookietest=1

A company in China probably turns out a million an hour  :-p  I was a
little surprised to see the "ST" triac in it, but realizing that in China
"any part" can be "labeled as you wish" ;-)

However, it might be simple to "add" a few parts to it for the ST pulse
design...  It has most of the "stuff" all there ready to go as is...

Hmmmmmm...

The MOTs I used are not modified (normal shunting).

Cheers,

    Terry