Re: PIRANHA-III Power control? (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:44:58 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PIRANHA-III  Power control? (fwd)

Digi-Key stocks alternistors that are rated for inductive loads.  They are
rated 40 amps, 120 VAC, and should handle 18 Amps each with considerable
ease.  You would probably have to run a good line filter between the
alternistor and load.  Also perhaps some ferrite or iron powder RF inductors
in the circuit to help clip and really HF transients.  Perhaps even a few
small air core chokes at the front end.

I think Dave Sharp has considerable experience with these types of power IC
circuits and perhaps would be a good source to help with the initial design
work in this area.

Dr. Resonance