Re: 50A Twist Lock Connectors (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:46:05 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 50A Twist Lock Connectors (fwd)

At 01:48 PM 12/15/2006, you wrote:
>Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

www.mcmaster.com www.grainger.com are two sources.

You need to look up the NEMA configuration for your voltage and
current, and that will determine what you need.

Actually, any of the larger electrical supply places will have such a
thing.  There are several kinds of these..
Do you want 2 hots and ground or 2 hots, neutral, and ground?

As a practical matter, you might check RV and marine places.  50Amp
240V is common as a "service drop"

Be forwarned, some sexes and configurations are a LOT more
expensive.  For instance, chassis mount male tend to be
expensive.  Cord mount male is cheap.