Re: X-ray transformer (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:07:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Scott Kraus <plymouth_4406@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: X-ray transformer (fwd)

Chip,

   I bought a unit similar to yours this summer. It was labeled as a Picker high tension generator from a Picker Explorer 2 mobile x-ray machine. It was powered by approximately 10 12 volt lead acid batteries. I was not able to come up with a diagram for the driver circuit but it came with a stack of large thyristors. According to the data tag it requires 120 volts at 8 khz. I was able to get a 9-10 inch spark by powering it with the lamp dimmer ignition coil driver from a posting a couple of weeks ago. I substituted a 200 uf cap.

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Original poster: List moderator