Re: Doubling NST voltage? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:17:54 -0400
From: Gregory Morris <gbmorris@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Doubling NST voltage? (fwd)

Forgive me for being naive, but to me it seems that either way, whether
you ground the centre or not you are going to see a 15kV difference
between the outputs. In the centre-grounded situation one end is 7.5k
above ground, and the other is 7.5k below, but in the floating situation
you are still going to see the same differences between points in the
coil, they can just be different relative to ground, but ground is
arbitrary, is it not? Sorry if I'm missing something, but I'm just a
student, as yet.

Greg