Re: Thank you Terry from all of us (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:59:31 -0700
From: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Thank you Terry from all of us (fwd)

Ten years ago, I thought of myself as a bit of a "pragmatic Tesla
coil expert", in that I knew what worked well and what didn't,
although I wasn't up on all the new developing theories.

Under Terry's watchful eyes, and often with injections of his own
experiments and theory as well, the information exchanged among, and
the experiments performed by, the list members have advanced the
state of the art far beyond my skill level (and even financial ability).

I am astounded at what can be achieved by modern solid state coils,
and very impressed with even the things we have all learned about
efficient design methods for classic old spark gap coils too.

None of this would have been possible if not for Chip creating, and
Terry's hard work maintaining, our list for so long.

I've seen with my own eyes some of Terry's innovative designs when he
has brought them to the monthly meetings of the Denver Mad Scientists
Club at my house.  And I hope to see more of them at future
gatherings, too.

To sum up, Terry, your moderation will be missed, but I'm happy to
hear that we'll still have the benefit of your participation in the
community.  We missed you last night, but I hope we'll see you at one
of the coming meets soon.  Perhaps we can talk you into bringing your
new four-ball-terminal coil with you!

sincerely,
  - Bill "Gomez" Lemieux