Da: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Inviato: martedì 5 dicembre 2006 5.48
A: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: Vacuum Tube Database; looking for 811A coil design

Original poster: <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi you-all. I would like to mention again that I work at
kurz-kasch...One of the worlds oldest plastics manufacturing plants
in the world..We been getin-r-done since 1916. We still manufacture
some tube sockets and have others in stock..I am no expert on what
fits what tube but, with a little help, I might be able to dig a tube
socket or 2 up.....let me know...Chip

---- Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx
 >
 > In a message dated 12/4/06 5:10:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 > tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
 >
 > >So .. anyone know where to find said tubes, plate connectors,
 > >sockets, and VTTC schematics these days? Are 811A's even a good tube
 > >to work with? I've seen other tubes discussed here..
 > >
 > >   -- many thanks,
 > >
 > >    David Small
 >

 > David,
 >
 > The 811A's are OK if you are aiming for relatively short sparks.
 > But for serious sparks, it's a good idea to use more powerful tubes.
 > I often use the 833A or 833C tubes.  The "C" tube has a graphite
 > plate for greater power handling.  There are a number of tubes
 > that work well in VTTC's.  I've used the 810, 845, 4-125A,
 > 4-250A, 4-400, HF300, 5868, 803, 813,etc.  The 4-1000A, and 3-500Z,
 > and 3-1000Z are good tubes too.  Basically look for a high power,
 > high voltage triode.  Tetrodes and pentodes work too but may not
 > be quite as reliable.  The tubes can be placed in parallel if they
 > are of the same type for greater power handling.  Use staccato
 > for special effects and longer sparks.

<http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html>http://hometown.aol.com/futu
ret/page3.html