Back to the basics - tuning techniques

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey All,

After running my first pig powered coil, I had the misfortune of blowing a capacitor. With subsequent rebuilding and retuning the coil is runnig smooth now. I blame the trouble with the initial tuning.

Question, I remember reading once regarding tuning with a frequency generator and an oscilloscope. Can anyone point me to such directoins? Is there any other method to get the tuning "just right" without relying on dead reckoning?

Thanks,

Curt.