Re: low-cost source for copper tubing?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Aug 10, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Have you tried flattening the 1/2" stuff before?

Yes.  So long as it is soft annealed tubing, it works fine.
I wouldn't try it with pipe - a lot of that stuff is work-
hardened during the drawing process.  Since you're not supposed
to bend it, they don't bother to anneal it.

Just
the other day, I was thinking about trying that with
the 1/4" refrigerator stuff.  My fear would be that
the larger-diameter stuff would tend to crack and
break a lot easier than the 1/4" stuff, but that could
be all wrong.  In any case, I'd buy a small length of
it locally and see how well it flattens out before
buying a big roll.

.