Re: vacuum pump on da ebay

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

They look similar in style (and age) to Welsh vacuum pumps (also single stage).. These may need a rebuild kit with new gaskets, etc.. I don't know if I believe the 15 micron rating either..

Coiling in Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Tim S

i'd be really surprised if that old single stage would hit 15 microns
with a decent 2 liter of volume to be removed. new oil tko19 will be
needed aditional 20 dollars plus shipping a gallon container.

i guess i'm just spoiled to have new 2 stage pumps that truly hit 4
microns absolute pressure.

all the best tim

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Ed Phillips

Any of those three pumps would be useful. I'd be surprised if
the last two go for under a couple of hundred bucks each and worth it
if in decent shape.

Ed