Re: 50 Variacs 7.8 KW each FOR SALE

Hi,

I am not sure a small wash in dirty water will hurt a variac much. We had some get flooded and a good hosing seems to fix them right up. I would think a car wash would be perfect. There might be a few steel parts that could use either wire brushing or replacement and some aluminum white corrosion, but all the important stuff should be pretty water resistant. A good cleaning, drying, and some lube...

Don't sand paper the winding contact surfaces! Polish them with brass polish only as needed. The surfaces are plated and you don't want to chew the surface up much. Brass polish makes them mirror smooth with minimal harm to the plating ;-)

Cheers,

        Terry