JAVATC version N

Hi All,

I updated Javatc for primary dimensional purposes. Sorry if this is off topic at times, just like to keep you all aware of any changes made.

Anyway, I've noticed coilers now and then are off on their tune point a turn maybe. Well, I ran into the same thing myself. I've been building helical and cone primary's for some testing of my own. I used the same tubing (pulling it on and off out of 3/8" acrylic standoffs). Eventually, it was a mess to reuse. So, went out and purchased new tubing to rebuild my flat primary (which I normally use). The standoffs were 2" ht, with .25" tuning, .25" spacing (edge to edge). Anyway, after assembly, I measured inner and outer diameters and it wasn't in tune!! So, I figured I had messed it up the measurement. I did. Remeasued, came up with 7.3 turns, tapped, sparked, and sure enough 50" arcs on a 12/60 NST.

I thought there are probably coilers using Javatc who have ran into the same problem. So, I drew up an image to identify just what Javatc is looking for when it comes to primary's. This image will now be in the help popup for the primary.

Here's a look.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/script/primeas.gif

I now it's simple, but you might be amazed at how people "guess" at this particular measurement. Just thought I would help any misconceptions out.

BTW, in the process of building these primary's using acrylic runners, I found a simple way to ensure a tight fit yet still be able to snap the primary in and out as necessary. Simply use a hacksaw and slice 1" down the runner starting at the bottom inner of the socket. It adds plenty of flex for the "snap action".

Here's an image of what I'm describing.
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/Pristand.gif

Take care,
Bart