Baffles

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am getting ready to build my next coil. Secondary form is 6 id drain pipe. I just completed a winder setup (and yes it will be left to right). It has two brush coats of polyurethane on the out side it and now is setting on end with a 100w bulb in it to make sure it is dry before I spray the inside. A note a few days ago Dr. R said to be sure and install a baffle about 5? inside the tube and seal with RTV. I have a 6mm Lexan plug at the top for torrid mount with a ¼ hole in it and a Lexan plug backed up by a Lexan plate at the bottom, both vented, so I can mount the secondary with nylon threaded stock to adjust height if needed. This assembly will slide down through the plywood that the primary is mounted on. The primary is above the plywood by 1.5? Do I still need the baffles about 5 ?inside the tube and should they be vented in the center?

Rich, from the middle of Missouri