Re: Re rotary gap design

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

I think I came up with an easy idea on discs and such... make a 12" disc and place the electrode at a 5" radius... pleanty of supportive material :)

Scot  D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I just stayed out of it until I saw Brian's note on tungsten. Through
the years I have machined about a little bit of every thing. I was a
tool room machinist for McDonnell Aircraft in the model and research
shop. Brian hit it right on the head when he said you can't do it on the
9" South Bend. We machined sinisterd tungsten for specimen holders for
the Plasma lab but pure tungsten is very difficult to machine. I do have
a question, has any one tried inserts in the G10 to hold the setscrews?
We used "Keencerts", in soft material like alum, fiberglass and
plastics. It would make it more secure I believe.

Rich, from the middle of Missouri

Subject: Re: Re rotary gap design