Scott H.

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

First, something wont let me respond to your email. This is the second time i have emailed this info:

I did reply. Strange, must not have come through.

I have done MUCH reading today, and realized ALL I need is two 50W, 1K resistors to be able to make a good protection circuit. :P I have two 30KV, 470pF ceramic door knob caps laying around(new). I am a fool to think I cannot make this circuit- but hahaha you dont want to hear this- I will need to design my filter around the available space.

funny how you mention putting two safety gaps can help.
being scared of killing my NST, months ago I put two safety gaps in. But I took the one farthest from NST out, because it sparked too much, and took away from the performance of the coil.

maybe I'll put in the new filter, and add a second safety gap again.

As for the response to the email you sent me last- I mentioned I think I found one of the problems. I must have outer foil connected to outer foil- If it werent this problem, why arent the rest of my caps experiencing corona. They arent one bit, so I confidently assume the foil to foil must be the main issue. :P

hope to hear from you soon Scott.

_