Re: Physics of Wireless Transmission

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Gerry, Godfrey, All,

    A couple of things that I picked up in School too many decades ago:

1) There is no universal inertial reference frame.
2) There is no such thing as an object at rest. There are merely things which, at the gross level of our human senses, appear not to have any motion. This includes both the observer and the observed. Ergo, all real charged objects have B and H fields; one or the other may be too small to measure conveniently in certain reference frames. Like the perfect circle, a "pure E field" is a mental construct that doesn't exist in our universe. 3) "'Small enough to ignore for practical purposes' being equivalent to 'Doesn't Exist'" is one of the concepts that distinguishes Engineering from Physics. 4) Conceptual headaches and indigestion are inversely proportional to an object's size and directly proportional to the square of its (relative) velocity.
5) Maxwell's equations hold under relativistic transformation.

Happy "Bromo" to all!

Matt D.