Re: transformer location

Hi Kevin,

I run my NST farm (15KV 120ma under the primary and have no problems. It is about a 1.5 ft underneath the primary. You can look at the pictures in the directories at:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/GerryReynolds

and judge for yourself. I think if you keep things at a reasonable distance underneath the primary, you will be OK. I did think about the magnetic field orientation when placing the Terry filter components trying to get field cancellation where possible, but dont know how critical this is at that distance.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "MakingLightning" <MakingLightning@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does it hurt to put your main power transformer and protection filter under
the teslacoil?

Some people have said not to put metal or protection filters under it and
they should be put aside somewhere.
This makes sense but I have seen many coils that have everything but the
variac under one. In practice has anyone found out if it really makes much
of a difference?
It sure would make for a neat package to have everything except the variac
under the coil.

Kevin