question on safety

Original poster: "Michael Ong" <omenowner725@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hello, today i was presenting my tesla coil for my school project, and i got asked if it was fatal to touch the spark gap or charged caps. I honestly didn't know the answer to this question and was wondering if anyone could answer it for me. my coil runs at 8kv 30ma with a cap size of .01uf and i have always just assumed it was unsafe to touch and in any case will give you a burn, who cares if it will kill you. the chart on my class room says that 30ma is close to "possibly" fatal, but it seems like there are a lot of factors like the voltage, the path it takes through your body, your body resistance at the time, and the climate conditions that plan key roles. anyways i was wondering if there was an easy answer to this question of how many amps/volts will kill you or if there are just too many factors that are undetermined to correctly give an answer. thanks again for the help
-Michael